Every day, we at Calvert Foundation hear stories that give us hope for a brighter future. Every day, people use capital from our investors and donors to start new businesses, build affordable homes and make their communities better. Every day, new investors buy the Community Investment Note and align their investments with their values, earning social returns along with financial returns.
We also see the issues of economic disparity and uncertainty on the front page every day. Since 1995, Calvert Foundation has been working to create opportunities for hard-working people in the U.S. and around the world so they can create better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities. As we count our blessings this year, we ask you to make a donation to Calvert Foundation. As a nonprofit, we rely on donations to leverage investor capital and transform lives.
We’re proud of our impact:
- $104 million to help create jobs and grow businesses
- $65 million to ensure that families have decent affordable homes
- $30 million for community facilities, like charter schools, health care centers and arts facilities
- $4 million for fair trade and sustainable agriculture
A few highlights from 2011:
- Completed the first phase of an intensive strategic visioning process to position Calvert Foundation to better serve investors, donors, and communities in need (stay tuned!)
- Worked with partners to launch the $200 millionFreshWorks Fund, supporting the availability of healthy food and jobs in California
- Participated in the first-ever White House event on “Building an Impact Economy”
- Earned media coverage from Forbes, the Huffington Post, and the Washington Post
- Added phenomenal new staff including John Ducey, Catherine Godschalk, Michael Grossman, and Richard Tran
As we look forward to 2012 and all of the opportunities a new year represents, we wanted to take a moment to thank you. It is your engagement, compassion and interest that make our work possible. This holiday season, we at Calvert Foundation send our best wishes to you, your families, and friends.
President and CEO, Calvert Foundation