Your Right to Privacy
- Email address
- Mailing Address
- Phone number
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Bank Account / Credit Card Information
- Optional Demographics (i.e. occupation, location, etc.)
- Areas of interest
Use of Information
Calvert Foundation will only use the information gathered through the Site to provide the information or services requested. Except as specifically noted below, under no circumstances will we sell this information. Calvert Foundation may share this information with its affiliates or third-parties engaged by Calvert Foundation to provide services for individual accounts. Calvert Foundation restricts access to nonpublic personal information to those individuals who have a business or professional reason to need to know that information. Calvert Foundation may also disclose nonpublic personal information gathered through the Site (1) as may be permitted or required by law or regulations, (2) in response to subpoenas, document requests in court cases or arbitrations or official government information requests, (3) as we otherwise reasonably believe necessary to comply with legal obligations, and (4) in connection with the sale, assignment, merger or other transfer of our business to another entity.
Website Usage Tracking
We use Google Analytics to track usage information on the Site, including top webpages, time spent on the Site, visitor demographics, and traffic sources. We do not use Google Analytics to track, collect or upload any data that personally identifies an individual (such as a name, email address or billing information), or other data which can be reasonably linked to such information by Google. Refer to the Google Analytics Terms of Service for more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses information.
From time to time, we may request information from you via an online survey. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary. Information requested may include demographic information. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring and improving the Site and/or Calvert Foundation products and services.
Sharing Aggregate Information
Demographic information requested during an information request or registration is optional, but encouraged so that we may gain a better understanding of your needs, and so that we may serve you in a more personalized manner.
In certain instances we may share aggregate information with strategic partners. For example, we may tell a partner that X number of individuals visited a certain area on the Site, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and the correct use of information, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
When our registration form asks users to enter nonpublic personal information regarding one of our users, that information is encrypted and is protected with encryption techniques consistent with those prevailing in the industry, including SSL.
While we use SSL encryption to protect nonpublic personal information online, we also take measures to protect your information offline. All of our users' information, not just the nonpublic personal information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Furthermore, all employees receive periodic updates and training on our security and privacy practices. Any time new policies are added, employees are notified, and reminded of their responsibility to ensure our customers' information is protected. Finally, the servers used to store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
- Email when logging in
- Name, email and interest areas when updating registration
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users' movements and gather broad demographic information for informational purposes.
This Site contains links to and from other third-party sites. Please be aware that Calvert Foundation is not responsible for the privacy practices of these third-party sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site, and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Site.
How You Can Access or Correct Your Personal Information
If at any time you would like your information to be modified or removed from our database, you may contact us directly via email, phone or post:
7315 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 1000W
Bethesda, MD 20814
If it is your choice to opt out, there will be a 30-day period before such opt out will take effect.
- Contents of Site. As between you and Calvert Foundation, this Site (including the underlying software and files) and content provided on this Site, are the exclusive property of Calvert Foundation , and are protected by law, including United States copyright, database, trade secret, and trademark law, as well as other state, national and international laws and regulations. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, Calvert Foundation does not grant any license or other authorization to any user of its trademarks, registered trademarks, service marks, or other copyrightable material or other intellectual property, by placing them on this website. The contents are © 2014, Calvert Foundation. All rights reserved.
[You may include insubstantial portions of information from this website in memoranda, reports and presentations, but only if such memoranda, reports and presentations are distributed or otherwise made available in non-electronic form, to a limited number of individuals. You must attribute the information to Calvert Foundation in all such memoranda, reports and presentations; such attribution to appear in a form and format reasonably acceptable to Calvert Foundation. The Print Creator Too is already setup to display the Calvert Foundation logo appropriately. All other usage, in part or whole, must include copyright notices from Calvert Foundation with the phrase "Reprinted with permission from Calvert Foundation (http://www.calvertfoundation.org)." You may not post any content from this website to newsgroups, mail lists or electronic bulletin boards, without the prior written consent of Calvert Foundation
- Disclaimers. THE INFORMATION INCLUDED ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND WITHOUT REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. INFORMATION PROVIDED IS OBTAINED FROM SOURCES DEEMED TO BE RELIABLE, HOWEVER, CALVERT FOUNDATION MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE ACCURACY, RESULTS, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS, ADEQUACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE OR ANY OF ITS CONTENT, OR THAT THE SITE OR ANY OF ITS CONTENT WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED. FURTHER, THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. YOU ASSUME THE SOLE RISK OF MAKING USE OF THIS SITE AND THE CONTENT IT PROVIDES.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL CALVERT FOUNDATION BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF THIS SITE OR THE CONTENT IT PROVIDES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, COMPENSATION, REIMBURSEMENT OR DAMAGES ON ACCOUNT OF THE LOSS OF PRESENT OR PROSPECTIVE PROFITS, EXPENDITURES, INVESTMENTS OR COMMITMENTS, WHETHER MADE IN THE ESTABLISHMENT, DEVELOPMENT OR MAINTENANCE OF BUSINESS REPUTATION OR GOODWILL, FOR LOSS OF DATA, COST OF SUBSTITUTE MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR INFORMATION, COST OF CAPITAL, AND THE CLAIMS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON WHATSOEVER, EVEN IF CALVERT FOUNDATION HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
The content on this Site, including discussions of certain nonprofit organizations and their programs are provided as general information only and are not intended to provide investment, accounting, tax or legal advice. Not all investment opportunities offered by any organization are available in all countries or states within the United States, and nothing on this site constitutes an offer or solicitation of these investments, products or services in any jurisdiction where their offer or sale is not qualified or exempt from registration.
Under no circumstances will Calvert Foundation, or any of its employees, agents, successors, assigns, affiliates or content or service providers be liable to you or other third parties for any loss, injury, claim, liability or damage of any kind (including, without limitation, attorneys' fees and lost profits, opportunities or savings) resulting from, arising out of or any way related to your access or use of this Site or the content it provides, including:
(a) any errors in, inaccuracies, omissions or other defects in authenticity of the information, including but not limited to content, technical inaccuracies and typographical errors; or
(b) any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence or under any other cause of action.
In the event you use this Site to subscribe for and purchase Calvert Foundation Community Investment Notes (“Notes”), nothing in the foregoing shall operate as a waiver or release of your rights under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, or any applicable state securities law, in connection with such purpose of Notes.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, CALVERT FOUNDATION DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES BASED ON YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF THE SITE AND ITS CONTENT.
You further represent and warrant that you will not post, store, transmit or otherwise use the Site in connection with any materials that may constitute or be comprised of any material that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement, including but not limited to materials that (a) claim a relationship with or speak for any individual, business, association, institution, or other organization for which you are not authorized to claim such a relationship (including but not limited to Calvert Foundation); (b) provide false or misleading personal information or email addresses, or impersonate any other person or entity; (c) harm minors in any way; (d) harass another person; (e) is unlawful, threatening, libelous, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, profane, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or ethnically, racially, or otherwise objectionable; (e) infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any person, or (f) consists of unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation to other users including, without limitation, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” or “pyramid schemes.”
- Prospectus and Risk Disclosure. In the event you use this Site to subscribe for and purchase the Notes, you should carefully review the prospectus pertaining to the offering of such Notes, which may be obtained by calling 800.248.0337 or by viewing and downloading a prospectus at http://www.calvertfoundation.org/storage/documents/CF-Community-Investment-Note-Prospectus.pdf. You should carefully consider the information, including the risk factors, included in this prospectus before investing.
- Modifications to Site. Calvert Foundation reserves the right to change this Site and any information on this Site, including but not limited to, revising and/or deleting features or other information, and materials, products, and services described on this Site, without prior notice. The content presented on this Site may vary depending upon your browser limitations.
- Third Party Links. Calvert Foundation may describe, reference, or provide links, in its sole discretion, to other information or products or sites on the World Wide Web for your convenience in locating related information and services. Any descriptions of, references to, or links to other products, publications or services does not imply endorsements of any kind, unless expressly stated by Calvert Foundation. Any such information, products or sites have not necessarily been reviewed by Calvert Foundation and are provided or maintained by third parties over which Calvert Foundation exercises no control. In addition, to the extent that they were reviewed by Calvert Foundation, Calvert Foundation undertakes no responsibility for continually monitoring such sites; the material at a site when Calvert Foundation viewed it may differ materially than when you do. Accordingly, Calvert Foundation expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content of these other third-party websites, the accuracy of the information on these websites or the quality of products or services provided by the organizations that maintain them.
You may not create a link from another website or any other Internet location to the Site without prior written consent from Calvert Foundation. Deep linking to internal pages of the Site is expressly prohibited.
- Assumption of Risk. You use the Internet solely at your own risk and subject to all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations. Although Calvert Foundation has endeavored to create a secure and reliable Site, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from this Site over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, Calvert Foundation is not responsible for the security of any information transmitted via the Internet, the accuracy of the information contained on the Site, or for the consequences of any reliance on such information. Calvert Foundation shall have no liability for interruptions or omissions in Internet, network or hosting services. You assume the sole and complete risk of using this Site.
- Events beyond Calvert Foundation’s Control. You expressly absolve and release Calvert Foundation, its affiliates, related companies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, legal representatives, attorneys, agents, successors and assigns, from any claim of harm resulting from a cause beyond its control including, but not limited to, the failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, computer viruses or software failures, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes, or natural disasters, strikes or other labor problems, wars, terrorism or governmental restrictions.
- Suspension, Termination. Calvert Foundation reserves the right at any time and for any reason to deny you access to the Site or any portion thereof, and/or to terminate this Agreement.
- Waiver; Severability. Failure to insist on strict performance of any of the provisions of this Agreement will not operate as a waiver of any subsequent default or failure of performance. No waiver by Calvert Foundation of any right under this Agreement will be deemed to be either a waiver of any other right or provision or a waiver of that same right or provision at any other time. If any provision of this Agreement is held unlawful, void or unenforceable for any reason by a court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to affect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
- Governing Law and Forum. This policy shall be governed by the laws of Maryland, without regard to conflicts of law rules, and the exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any dispute shall be Maryland. You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in Maryland for the purposes of any judicial proceedings relating to or arising from this Agreement.